WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS PROGRAMME/CAREER?



To be totally honest, since childhood I had no idea what to study in the future. It’s very typical that children want to be astronauts, doctors, dentist or even lion tamers…no matter what the career was, my point is that they know what to study. I guess I didn´t look much into the future and that is how I finished the highschool without knowing which career to choose. So I decided to take a gap year. In that year I was free to do anything I wanted… and among other things find my “vocation”. I visited many universities and researched several professional careers, especially those in the medical and scientific field. Finally I decided to study biochemistry as the only option.

Today I´m studying biochemistry in the University of Chile. Is my fourth year here and I don’t really know if starting this career was the best decision. I like my career, but university life makes you question your decisions at least a couple of times… dedicating so much time to study can make you want to be doing other things. However, I want to finish this career before studying anything else.
Thinking in a future job… I just wish it would be exciting for me and that they pay enough money to lead a simple life, simple in my terms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holidays

MY FAVOURITE PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY

CAREER-RELATED WEBSITE